Twenty-one can mean different things for different people. For me, it represents the number of times I’ve moved in my 35 years of life. Moving was never my first choice, but God in His mercy and grace has again called me to move.
Thankfully, this is just a move down the road! I’m moving from my apartment to a rental home closer to campus. It’s a 90-year-old house! The prior owners have been lovingly restoring the home! It has the original wood floors and multiple built-ins! The house has so much character! I’m also excited about the front porch and being able to walk to work!
Here are a few things the Lord has taught me in my moves.
- I am called to grow wherever the Lord moves me
- Moving is a great way to get ride of stuff I have not used recently
- Moving forces me to seek help from my community and reminds me of the importance of community
- Moving makes me think creatively on how to make my living space a home
- Moving forces me to problem solve and figure things out on my own
- Most of all moving forces me to press into the Lord and trust Him with my future
I should probably go back and start packing again! Here’s to hoping that move 22 isn’t around the corner. 🙂 May you see the silver lining in your own life.