I’m turning 34 this month. It’s been a good year of being 33. Lots of changes and growth have occurred. I’m excited to see what the Lord has in store for the next 12 months!
A few weeks ago a friend ask me what my dreams are. I sat back and had to think about it. I told her that a lot of my dreams have already come true. I am working at a job that I love. I’m again living closer to my family. I live close to work and now have some work/home balance by not living on the same property as I have done the pasta several years. I’m thankful for gaining a healthy work/life balance.
As we continued to talk about this, I realized that I need to dream more and now is as good a time as any to dream. 🙂 Here’s a list of some of my new (and continuing) dreams for the next year(s).
1. Continue to grow deeper in my walk with the Lord and in my prayer life
2. Buy my first home (scary but exciting)
3. Continue to improve in my work
4. Be in a committed relationship
5. Make it through my reading list (or what my brother calls my pity reads because I read the books completely through even if I’m not enjoying it :))
6. Remain physically healthy
7. Cherish every moment I have with my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews
8. Get involved at my home church
9. Be intentional and invest in friendships in my hometown
10. Find a mentor
I’m excited to see how the Lord fulfills these dreams. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized that the Lord doesn’t always fulfill my dreams in ways that I expect. I’m thankful that I can rest in the knowledge that my dreams are important to Him because He loves me. He’s a big dreamer too! Maybe next June I can blog about what He revealed about each of the above dreams.